During the Conference, delegations will vote to elect 12 (twelve) voting members of the World Scout Committee. Each delegation has a total of 6 (six) votes PER seat to be occupied. Since the Conference is electing 12 Committee members, each delegation has a total of 72 votes (6 times 12).
Here are the steps of how a delegation can cast their vote for the election of the World Scout Committee:
- Login to the eVoting system and be ready to cast your vote
- The vote will be opened at the end of plenary on 26 August 2021, provisionally scheduled for 15:45 GMT. Your delegation will have about 20 hours to discuss and complete your vote.
- When a vote is activated it will show on the left side of the screen including the progress bar and timer. Click on the active vote. The details of the selected vote will appear on the right side of your screen with the options to cast your vote.
- Select the 12 desired candidates to elect. To split your vote across more candidates, click on the “Split Vote” button to enable the function. Then allocate your 72 votes accordingly across the desired candidates. Each candidate cannot receive more than 6 votes.
- Carefully review your vote allocation is correct.
- Confirm your vote by clicking the “Confirm Vote” button.
- A confirmation that your vote has been submitted will appear.
- The vote will be closed at the start of plenary on 27 August 2021, provisionally scheduled for 12:00 GMT.
- The results will be published and announced at a specific time during plenary. Once published, you can see the overall results of the vote, you will also see that you voted but not how you voted as this is a secret ballot vote. The 12 World Scout Committee members elected will be clearly announced in plenary.
Here is a video guide on how to cast a vote for the election of the World Scout Committee.